Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Concerns

January 19,2010

1677 shells drive
Sportstown, British Columbia
Canada V2A-7M9

Mr.Kleats

Central High School
123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia
Canada, V2A-1W3

Dear: Mr Kealts

I am the mother of Joey Jo, who participates on your grade eight Basketball Team. My son, is looking forward to playing for the Valley Championships . It seems there are many talented players on the team. I am quite aware of the success that has been progressing on this team. I know that you are very involved in the team. I myself, find it rewarding, when I am involved in activities with my son as well. I appreciate all the time and effort that is being put into this team, but have a few concerns.

After, I attended both some practices and games. I would like to share with you,some suggestions. I am quite aware, of all the time you put into this team. But, the tardiness has caused the players to feel as if they are not important. Although, I know how it feels to have many responsibilities, I suggest that the team, should have set times given to practice that works around with for majority of the team and yourself as well. With a lack of organization the team is becoming less interested in the sport.

My suggestion for the team, is to have organized warm-ups, drills, and cool downs and practices. I understand,that it is challenging to coach a group of young boys. But, I think with some organization, they will quickly learn some discipline, which will allow the team to have more fun. I also, think that coming to practice on time is important, there has been many times, where the players are waiting to start the practice and no one is there to coach them. I realize that there are many different responsibilities that you must have, but I think a good solution is to have another coach, so it could be easier for you and a better experience for the players.

Also, I have noticed at games, that most of the focus goes to winning. I know that winning is big factor in playing sports and that the players enjoy winning. But, I am concerned that with winning,comes unequal playing time for some of the players on team. They are many players including my son Joey,who have realized that they are not playing. I suggest, that the parents and yourself, focus more on having fun and enjoying each others company.

As well, as I'm concerned about how profanity is used within the practices and games between the team and yourself. If less bad language is used, it will be easier for you and parents, to enjoy the season. With a happy and fun environment, it will be easier to discipline the players.


I am greatly appreciated, that you are coaching the boys basketball team, and I think the team has lots of potential. I enjoy watching the team play and have fun. I hope, the rest of the season, will be enjoyable for the players on the team.

Sincerely,

Maneek Chahal

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Maneek. Blogs are complete, detailed and polished. Good luck on the provincial!

    ReplyDelete