Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mature Narrative

I didn't realize how you become mature,until something changed my life. After the incident, I have matured in ways that I didn't ever expect myself too. As a child I lived a life with reckless ways,not thinking about the precautions. I was 16 years old when I decided to get into a car with a drunk driver not even thinking twice what could be the consequences.
It was like any other Friday night, my best friend and I, walked into a house full of teenagers just like themselves. Teenagers,who just wanted to have some fun and let loose after a long week of school. Setting a foot into the house, i knew right then, that this was going to be a long night. The were more than few dozen people, people i knew people i didn't know. But I was guaranteed to end up getting most of the people there by the end of the night. Throughout the night, my friend and I danced on the much anticipated crowded dance floor, toured the house, and even met some cute guys.By the end of the night, no one was capable of getting in the drivers seat.My friend and I, had to get home some how. We didn't have enough for a taxi and it was to far to walk. Instead of calling someone or finding a different solution, we decided to get in the back of a guys vehicle. We had met the guy, that night, he too was not capable to drive especially with two other people in the vehicle. At the time,we didn't think it was that bad of a idea. I didn't think the worst of what could happen in the situation, nor did my friend. We saw a easy solution and we went for it, like a little kid running too fast, not thinking of what might happen if they fell. We didn't think. In the car, we were all talking and laughing. The guy, was more focused on us, than the road. As well, as he was speeding. At first, we didn't realize that he was going way to fast through the neighborhoods. But as we reached to one of the stop signs, he didn't slow down, nor did he even look at the stop sign. As our new friend, was going through, a car coming from the other direction hit us. It was all a big blur,I don't remember anything else.I don't remember how and when I got to the hospital. When I did wake up, I knew right away that something wasn't right. It didn't smell like my room, the sweet smell of my rain forest scent perfume lingering,It smelt more like that sanitizer smell in a hospital. I also recognized the uncomfortable stiffness i had in my leg. I realized I had broken it.Much after I had learned I was in an accident, I learned that my best friend didn't make it and and the driver is in fatal condition. My best friend died right away instantly from impact. Ever since the accident, I have grown up.I live with this with everyday knowing that my best friend will never comeback. This has matured me,Every time i see alcohol I feel a sick sensation in my stomach. Every time I close my eyes I see my friend smiling and enjoying life. I now know the consequences of making bad and reckless decisions. I will never make the same the decision again.I realize now that with every experience in life you grow and learn more about maturing. I don't think I'll ever be able to accept what happened to my friend and I. But i know now,that i will never make the same stupid decision i did that night.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Maneek. You are up to date Good job. Edit and proofread.

    Mr VC

    ReplyDelete